Since MakeItUrz is always looking to expand our capabilities and to go just a little bit further we worked out a design with a client to do 4 different colors on their Kindle Fire. The 1st dilemma was orange. Since the colors available to us did not include orange, we needed to go back to our elementary school art class to remember that mixing the primary colors of red and yellow would equal orange. We decided to give it a whirl and it worked! We cannot compete with the Pantone Color Matching system… but we do alright. Then our next dilemma was how do we add all these colors without accidentally mixing them? The color is applied by hand; massaged in and cleaned off. So to do all four at the same time would create quite the color mess. We solved this by engraving in separate stages. Which worked wonderfully. Our last dilemma was that the original plan had sections with color and sections with just an engraving. We found that when you add color to an engraving, whatever does not contain color is not nearly as “Wow” as what contains color. So we recommended to our client a light gray color to bring out the parts of the engraving that were just engraved. Again… we had to revert back to our primary colors to mix a black and a white to make a gray as we did not have a gray available to us. After all of this… we had an amazing Kindle Fire which is being used as a corporate gift!! So, if you want to customize your Kindle Fire and to take that brand you paid your marketing or graphics company oogles of money for a step further, than shoot us an email!
- MakeItUrz: Just in case you are the forgetful type "Hello My Name Is" wooden #nametag. Contact us for bulk pricing on the... http://t.co/vThETZLtBg
- MakeItUrz: RT @BSidesRI: Enjoying #bsidesbos? Come on down to BSides RI in Providence next month: http://t.co/agBNaHoc4a
- MakeItUrz: @tinkererguy @bostonlink @xxDigiPxx awesome! Glad you loved it!
- MakeItUrz: "@Secbuff: RT @semanticwill: Beef Jerky Business Cards http://t.co/EymCLE6GzF <-@makeiturz" < we are soooooo doing that!
- MakeItUrz: I loved this gift for a #marine dad ... #custom #dogtag with #bottleopener http://t.co/AISaROPDpU
- MakeItUrz: We hope the #junior #rollerderby girls loved their custom #dogtags - what a great group of young ladies!! http://t.co/QJuU1x8snP
- MakeItUrz: We #laserengraved 9 of these #WilliamsSonoma #trowels. Combine the versatile customization we offer along with... http://t.co/Y5eIP5ci5F
- MakeItUrz: If we could cut sheets of aluminum into ANY shape we wanted, anodize the blanks to nearly ANY color, and engrave... http://t.co/hc5GLAuit2
- MakeItUrz: Congratulations to Hackers For Charity (@ihackcharities) for success on their Kickstarter project! Keep up the... http://t.co/Sx9c4gygEY
- MakeItUrz: We were really excited to debut our #rollerderby #MVP awards last night at @sufferjets first home bout of the... http://t.co/5rzZdK9Kuc
Check us out on Facebook
Posts by Month
Friday February 24, 2012